Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone know how to remove TinyWallet?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kosh75287

Kosh75287

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'm speaking of the rather persistent adware, not the perennial financial condition. 
I tried the "control panel/uninstall program route, which made it invisible in my programs list, but still not gone from my life. I've installed emsisoft,  which fixed a great many things, but not this one. 

Another rather obstreperous little b@$t@rd of a program is the one that opens a new tab, and initially has a label like "cdncache.a-akamail..." the rest I can't capture. THEN is changes to some other address, usually ransomware.

And I have no idea of what I just did to my computer, but there are little yellow spaces between the words in the above two paragraphs. 

Mayday, mayday...

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 October 2014 - 02:31 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

1.  Open the Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.  Search for Tiny Wallet and uninstall it if it is found.

2.  Remove Tiny Wallet and or Ad by Tiny Wallet from your browser/s

Remove from Internet Explorer

Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
Open the General tab.
Change the home page and click OK.
Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove unwanted extension.
Click Search Providers and set a new default search engine.

Remove from Google Chrome

Press Alt+F and point to Tools.
Click Extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Click Settings.
Under On startup, select the last option and click Set pages.
Set a new startup page.
Under Search, click Manage search engines and click enter the URL of your new default search provider. Click Ok.

Remove from Mozilla Firefox

Press Alt+T and click Options.
Open the General tab and change the home page.
Click OK.
Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Close the tab.
Click the search engine icon next to the search box and select a new search provider.

3.    Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users