Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEED HELP AFTER RUNNING COMBOFIX

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BValerie

BValerie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

I ran Combofix after downloading it from this site, as well as the manual for it, which I printed out.  I ran it with the advice of a trusted friend in my User Group who is a professional computer consultant.

My Windos 7 Pro, Dell computer had slowed down to a crawl and it was obvious something was wrong.  Also, Firefox's Home page had been taken over by Ask.com.

After running ComboFix, the computer is back to normal speed and acting well.  However, I'd like someone at your end to look at the ComboFix log and help me understand it.

It says CLSID was infected with Poweliks and it was removed, but I should verify if my current CLSID data is correct.  How do I do that?

Also, check in my Task Manager, Process screen, I see a lot of instances (they vary and change in number as I watch), of nllksewcllr *32.ece, with description "Google Chrome".  I do not have Chrome on my computer (only Firefox and Internet Explorer).

I can't find a way to post the log in a private section of your web.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users