Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Bytes Premium stopped auto-launching with Windows

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PapagenoX

PapagenoX

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Among other keys, AdwCleaner wants to delete the key for Company of Heroes (New Steam Version) now published by SEGA.  Has anyone else run into this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

Please copy and paste the pending items in this topic.

Edited by dc3, 28 October 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 PapagenoX

PapagenoX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hey all, I've had MBAM premium set up to launch automatically with Windows for months and months, and suddenly today I find that it's not doing so and its setting to do so has been changed (and I sure didn't do that).  This is very suspicious, right?  

So I started it up, and it tells me that it needs to update to a new version--the publisher info looks legit so I ran the update, then I ran a scan with updated definitions and all that, and told it to scan for rootkits, and those came back negative, but do I need to do the whole shebang with FBST and ComboFix and all that?  This is the second time in just three weeks or so that I'm having weirdness with MBAM.  Should I go ahead and post to the "big boys" forum?

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

I did merge your topics.

It will be easier and less confusing for you and your helper if everything is in one place.

Up to you whether to post in Malware Removal Logs now or wait.

If you decide to post in MRL follow ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Be aware that there is a backlog there and it may take up to 3-5 days before a member of the Malware Response Teams responds. Also, if you go ahead and post there do not run FRST or Combofix unless directed to do so by your helper.

You will need to come back to this topic and post a link to your MRL topic so this one can be closed.

You can continue here and if needed you will be directed to MRL.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 October 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#5 PapagenoX

PapagenoX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

OK, here is the AdwCleaner log requested--don't know about the two x64 registry keys, but the Steam App number in question apparently corresponds to the non-THQ Company of Heroes Steam version:

# AdwCleaner v4.002 - Report created 28/10/2014 at 15:55:24
# Updated 27/10/2014 by Xplode
# Database : 2014-10-26.6
# Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : José Hulse - JOSÉWIN7-64PC
# Running from : C:\Users\José Hulse\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Found : C:\Users\José Hulse\AppData\Local\CrashRpt
Folder Found : C:\Users\José Hulse\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\x8up5vtj.default\Extensions\{1280606b-2510-4fe0-97ef-9b5a22eafe30}(2)

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\GoogleUpdate.exe
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 228200
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0FF2AEFF45EEA0A48A4B33C1973B6094
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\305B09CE8C53A214DB58887F62F25536

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17344

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v32.0.3 (x86 en-US)

-\\ Google Chrome v38.0.2125.104

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1476 octets] - [28/10/2014 09:00:51]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1388 octets] - [28/10/2014 15:55:24]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1448 octets] ##########

#6 msdhoni

msdhoni

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

I am also having this MBAM update problem for sometime now and have email mbam and they say that they will let me know if they have a fix, nothing yet.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

When you're having such issues with Malwarebytes, one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to uninstall/reinstall as follows:
* How to fully Uninstall/Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
* How to fully Uninstall/Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - MBAM Clean Removal Process 1.75

-- If using the Premium version, you will need to reactivate Malwarebytes' using the license ID and key you were sent by email. Make sure you save that information so it is readily available when reinstalling.
-- Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab and check for updates if not done during installation.
-- Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes is showing in the task tray if using the Premium version. Then setup any file exclusions that may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users