Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2013 Rant!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

It seems like at least every other day there is some issue with office 2013. It breaks at random. The only way to fix it is to uninstall, reinstall and even that sometimes doesn't work. They have a fix uninstall tool, even with this occasionally I have to go into the registry and clean out other 2013 related things.

Nearly everytime I try to add Lync 2013 with office 2013, it breaks office 2013, also installing Visio 2013 does the same thing.

Today I have run into an issue which required using a new ost file on top of uninstalling and cleaning up and then re-installing. I guess microsoft is great for job security! Yes I tried repairing the ost first...

I hate, hate, hate, office 2013. Online key registration? It nearly never activates over the internet for me, maybe 1 out of 100 times. The phone activation absolutely sucks!

Basically, office 2013 breaks constantly sometimes on it's own with no excuse at all, no windows update, nothing new installed, you can't easily install other microsoft 2013 software with it. You can't easily activate it. You are forced to use an online account.

It breaks, it breaks, it sucks, it sucks!

End rant.

Please feel free to share your frustrations with Office 2013, I feel so alone right now lol!

Edited by zingo156, 28 October 2014 - 10:03 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:35 AM

No zingo156, no.

You are not alone my friend.

There are thousands of us out here, nay, dare I say millions, cursing what MS has done with the MS Office Suite. :ranting:

Libre and Open are being downloaded in this moment by thousands and thousands and more and more businesses.

We feel your pain and we understand it as well.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 zingo156

zingo156
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

I am struggling with a new Office 2013 issue right now after running the msfixit uninstaller for a broken office2013, I am trying to re-install it from a click to run but it keeps saying another installation is in progress. I have stopped the windows install service, disabled it, restarted, deleted the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress

I have stopped all startup items in msconfig, scheduled tasks etc. Rebooted again and again.

I have tried mscleanup tool. Still even after restarting the installer server or setting it to manual I have this problem. Alas, I have resorted to a restore point in hopes that I will be able to install office2013 again after.

This is probably the worst case of broken office I have encountered. Well maybe the 2nd worst so far for time taken to fix it. I will probably just have to go through every registry key related to office and delete it along with related program files/app data that is left behind.

I love office 2013 (sarcasm)!!!!!!!!

Edited by zingo156, 28 October 2014 - 11:19 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 zingo156

zingo156
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

The restore point along with running ms2013fixit uninstaller and then a re-install fixed office 2013 on this computer. Such a hassel. I still haven't found a reason why this latest office 2013 install was broken. No updates installed, no software changes. Nothing. Just broken office.

Well at least Microsoft is good at creating job security for IT professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users