Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dllhost.exe virus or bug?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jrielsband

jrielsband

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

Please help.

I'm having an issue similar to others where dllhost.exe is running multiple times and using memory.  Simultaneuos to this event the Internet Explorer security settings get changed to custom settings.   I reset the security settings back to default and use task manager to end the multiple processes and the system returns to normal.  I've discovered that if you pick the right duplicate process and end it first all others end simultaneously.   I've run McAfee, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware, no issues.  I unistalled IE 10 and KB2670838.  I uninstalled McAfee due to errors and ran Windows Security Essentials, no issues.  I unistalled Adobe products.  The cylcle just keeps repeating itself every few minutes (mult processes and changed security settings).  I wish McAfee and Microsoft would band together to figure this out.  I'm scheduled for a reinstall today but would prefer to avoid that.  Attached File  Capture2.JPG   76KB   0 downloads

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

You can see the full story on Microsoft Community:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/dllhostexe-virus-or-bug/a8dcd1dc-be3b-4f25-81ab-a2b41c175a78

Edited by hamluis, 29 October 2014 - 06:01 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

Go ahead and try Running the PoweLiks Cleaner and see if that can aid this situation. 

First, before performing any Scans or Tools....... DISABLE any Anti Viruses that you have Running This will Help Prevent any Blocking or Conflicts.

Download PoweLiks Cleaner HERE and save it to your Desktop.

1. Double-click on ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe to start the tool.

2. Read the terms of the End-user license agreement and click Agree.

3. The tool will run automatically. If the cleaner finds a Poweliks infection, press the Y key on your keyboard to remove it.

newtool1_zpsa1caa06e.png

4. If Poweliks was detected "Win32/Poweliks was successfully removed from your system" will be displayed. Press any key to exit the tool

and reboot your PC.

newtool2_zps0e6d39b1.png  

Edited by xAnti_HerOx, 14 November 2014 - 06:02 AM.

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users