Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Tracking Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

Hi everyone,

For around a year and a half I've had problems with how my mice track in general, the mice track and aren't affected by dirt in sensor etc.

However they haven't "felt" like they are either tracking how they should be or feel they lack responsiveness in regards to my physical movements.

This also includes general Windows 7 use not just in-games.

I own around 4 gaming mice some optical some laser:

Razer Deathadder 2013 (laser)

Gigabyte M6900 (optical)

MadCatz R.A.T. 3 (optical)

Perixx MX2000iib (laser)

now as I game a lot on my PC (started around 2 years ago) I am constantly at a disadvantage with regards to aiming because the tracking makes it very difficult to aim as a second nature, it is a constant process of correcting the mouse just to stay on target.

When I first started PC gaming everything was fine, aiming was fine I had no worries or thoughts about it at all; I could jump into any game without even thinking about sensitivity.

Now though any sensitivity and DPI doesn't feel right at all, just to note I have "enhance pointer precision" off with 6/11 selected on the slider. 

I have tried many different things here are some pointers:

3 different mouse pads, 2 cloth and one plastic based.

Windows 7 updates alter mouse sensitivity slightly.

at first it all felt fine.

I have changed out every component in my pc (except for HDD), problem existed with old hardware anyway.

Mouse movements don't feel grippy, don't feel anywhere near as responsive as they should be.

when I compare my mouse "aim" to ANYONE else, I mean EVERYONE it looks completely different. 
I don't just mean how they aim but how the mouse movements look responsive and are accurate.

R.A.T 3 with 900 DPI (with drivers installed)

Updated all drivers (graphics, USB, etc.)

Now one major thing I found is earlier I booted into safe mode to see if there was a difference, and upon doing so I have found it feels a LOT better it feels correct of how it should be. upping the DPI to the highest still felt pretty controllable where as now it is too hard to handle.

Is there anything I can do to emulate the safe mode feeling to my normal desktop, and if so is there anything I can provide (details) or any diagnostic information at all?

If anyone could provide some kind of solution it will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Luke

Edited by Lukeyslife, 28 October 2014 - 07:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

Turn Off the AV while gaming.

Don't use wireless peripherals.

Shut down all unnecessary background programs while gaming.

Let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users