Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I fell victim to ICE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4514N_DUD3

4514N_DUD3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

So I got the ICE virus holding my PC hostage. I went to the BleepingComputer ICE removal guide and follow up on all the instructions but everytime I finished step 9. After pressing "1", instead of the PC starting up normally, all it did was opened up the "Startup Repair" screen. I went on and back tracked and redid it all over again but it still happened. Is this just simply a human error caused by me or is it something else in the process? Any help is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

Please follow the instructions in This Prep Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the requested logs are created, then make a New Topic and post it to the =>> Malware Removal Experts Area <== Not back here.

Copy and Paste any logs created, (do not attach them unless requested) and include a brief description of your problem and what you have done to try to resolve them.

Please note that the area can get a bit busy, so you may need to wait a day or more for a reply.

NOTE - If you cannot produce any of the logs, then please create the new topic anyway. Do not run more tools unless the experts request them.

#3 4514N_DUD3

4514N_DUD3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

Ok, I'll do as you said, thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users