Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power on problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2man

2man

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hello.
Okay, i had a problem with my Asus A9RP. It cant power on when i press the on button. No led lights, the fan does not spin.
At times when i connect the power cable adpter, the hdd spins atomatically without me pressing the power on button then nothing happens. All the led lights are not working.
I tried removing the battery then try booting it up but no changes. i even try reset it by removing battery and power cable then press & holding the on button for 1 min nothing happens.
The part i'm confuse with is the led lights. all dead. no battery light charging indicator, hdd light, power. all lights are dead even when random times i can hear the hdd spins as i've mention earlier.
can any one help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Take DC voltmeter and make sure the adapter is putting out the proper voltage.  The correct voltage will be found on the adapter, it is the secondary voltage figure.

Make sure that the adapter plug is not loose.

How old is the battery?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 2man

2man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

well my laptop is a bit old, 4 year old. the battery is that much old since it comes with it i guess.
i've tried testing the adapter with a voltmeter and it reads 15vlts which matches the secondary value on my laptop adapter.
I've also tried testing the cable adapter with another laptop(using the same adapter as mine) and it works just fine.

#4 kaylagarcia

kaylagarcia

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

Change your power adapter

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

If this is the original power adapter I would say that you are good to go.  

If this isn't the original power adapter please post the amperage figure on the adapter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 2man

2man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:30 PM

well, it turns out that my adapter's playing up. its the original adapter by the way dc3 and thanks for helping.
i recently borrowed an adapter from a friend who has the same type as me which i tried it with and it powers on at last.
thank you guys, now i just had to find and replace the old adapter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users