Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BOOT UP PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shamrock838

shamrock838

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Greetings,

I have a Dell Costro 420 desktop computer operating under Windows Vista Business 32.  When I powered up this morning the boot process aborted and I got: "No boot device available.  Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart syetem and enter SETUP to config device."  I did this and pressed F2 "to run the setup utility."

The next screen was blue and entitled: "CMOS Setup Utility."  I tabbed down the left column to "Boot Configuration" and hit Boot Settings."  Three options displayed:

1st Boot Device   - [Removable Dev.]

2nd Boot Device  - [CD/DVD: PO-PLDS DVD]

3rd Boot Device   - [Hard Drive]

Boot Menu Security  [Disabled].  - this was in lighter text.

Being as I'm only semi computer literate - what do I do now?

Thanks,

shamrock838

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 shamrock838

shamrock838
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

Greetings,

Correction to my original post - I have a Dell Vostro - not a Costro - 420 desktop computer.

Thanks,

shamrock

#3 kaylagarcia

kaylagarcia

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

You must use the boot disk to get windows started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users