Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Start

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

So Monday being the great day that it is, I already have a ruined morning. I can go into greater detail later, but I'm at work. I plugged the other end of my phone charger in my computer and I saw some flashes. It turned off, so I hit the power button and it stared to turn on again. I decided to do the same thing, because I hadn't noticed yet and now it just won't turn on at all. Did I fry something? I really just need to know if I can ever start it again. Huge thanks in advance.
-Noah

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

Hello there,

This was most likely caused by the phone charger; was the charger 100% genuine? 

Also, have you tried replacing your computer power supply? 

Keep us posted.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Thank for the fast replies. The phone charger is 100% genuine. I don't think I have anything to replace my computer power supply. I have a custom built computer. Im not really sure where to find the power supply unit.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

If you look at the rear of the computer you will see where the power cord from the wall receptacle plugs into the computer.  This is the PSU (Power Supply Unit).

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

I might have one but the chances of that are pretty slim.in the meantime here's a picture of the back of my computer, I hope this helps.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Your picture didn't make it.

You can post this image in your next post.  Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the Snipping Tool, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png

#8 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

I tried uploading it, but it told me the file was too big so I decided to just upload it to website instead. http://i.imgur.com/DtKTIr3 here is the back of the computer. And I thought I should add what the inside looks like here. http://i.imgur.com/0aF2oMU

#9 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

I don't know if this helps, but I found a power circuit board button thing on the back of my computer so I reset that. Still doesn't work.

#10 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Figured it out! After an hour or two messing around.. it was a bad socket. Just my luck, but it's the truth. I really would like to thank everyone who took the time to volunteer and help me with this. I really can't express through text how grateful I am, thank you :)

Edited by Aquamoose35, 27 October 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

Glad you figured it out.

Just out of curiosity, was this a power receptacle on the wall?

If it was, did the circuit breaker trip, or is there a problem with the receptacle?

#12 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

The power receptacle was on the wall, one of them just had a problem. I checked the circuit breaker, there were no issues with that. Thanks for the help though :)

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm a retired electrician.  I would suggest that you have a qualified electrician check this receptacle.  This could be an unsafe situation with the potential of starting a fire.

#14 Aquamoose35

Aquamoose35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'm a retired electrician.  I would suggest that you have a qualified electrician check this receptacle.  This could be an unsafe situation with the potential of starting a fire.

Oh, wow, thank you. I will call one as soon as I have a chance. I had no idea that was a fire hazard. Thank you so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users