Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable Automatic Network Logon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CyberWoolf

CyberWoolf

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:13 AM

I had about a year ago a network that I would automatically login to when I started my comp. Now that netwrok is gone and it keeps telling me the name is invalid and all that. I cannot for the life of me remember when I clicked to automatically login to the network.

Where do I disable that???

Thanks!!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:25 PM

what OS are you using?
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 CyberWoolf

CyberWoolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

Oops sorry.. xp pro
Posted Image

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:54 PM

well, here's an idea, create another user account, just temporarily, and your logon screen will change, so once you boot to windows, you will have the option to log in as one or the other, from here, it should give you the ability to log into a domain, so you dump that option, log in your normal account, remove the temporary user account, and reboot to see if the option stuck.

another thought>>network places>view network connections>right click and select properties of the local area connection>look at "this connection uses the following...what does it say here. can you possibly post back and tell me what clients and services are there? there may be something there..thx

#5 pc-details

pc-details

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:33 AM

If you can't get into windows to add another user, try safe mode (Press and hold F8 as soon as possible upon cold boot). You should see the option to logon as administrator. Hopefully, there is not a password there. You can only add or change other user's priviledges from an Administrator account (either system admin accessible from Safe mode or another user with Admin priviledges). Make sure that you are not entering the computer in safe mode at all times with a password protected administrator logon. Then you need to get to the screen after you hit F8 and choose one of the other options such as Last Known good configuration, VGA mode or something else that will start Windows normally and not in safe mode.

#6 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:42 AM

cyberwolf>did you get past the DOMAIN LOG IN issues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users