Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incompatibility Chain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bad-People

Bad-People

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

So one of the applications I frequently use stopped working and said it's because it no longer supports the version of Internet Explorer that I have(IE 7). So I go to update to IE 9 and when I do IE says that IE 9 is not compatible with my OS (Vista Home Basic 32 bit). And so I'm at an in-pass. Every time I try to look for what I need to update to IE 9 It just takes my back to the screen where you download IE 9. What exactly do I have to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skyvertex

skyvertex

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:56 AM

it should be compatabile with vista home basic sp2, what service pack is your machine?

#3 Bad-People

Bad-People
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

it should be compatabile with vista home basic sp2, what service pack is your machine?

I don't understand the question.

#4 skyvertex

skyvertex

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:28 PM

press windows key and the letter R

in the run menu that pops up type "winver" without the quotations what does it say?

or

open windows updates and see if service pack 2 is available

IE 9 is  compatible with Vista Home Basic 32 bit service pack 2 so if your system does not have the service pack installed you cannot install ie9

#5 Bad-People

Bad-People
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

Version 6.1 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)

Okay. I'm looking at a download for service pack 2 and it says it's more than 500MBs. My network is too sporadic. There's no way my internet will be up continuously long enough to download 500MBs. 

Edited by Bad-People, 28 October 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#6 skyvertex

skyvertex

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

windows update should keep track of what it has downloaded so it can continue where it leaves off if youlose connectivity.

or

if you are planing on downloading the file and installing it manually you can use a download manager such as jdownloader so you don't lose the file if you lose the conection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users