Im new here, so sorry if I get something wrong.I am running windows XP Home, Chrome browser. I have followed the instructions to create a log file and attached it here. I usually am able to locate and remove trojans/spyware/viruses myself, but this one has me beat.
A few weeks ago I downloaded from an email what I thought was an invoice for road toll I had traveled on. Turned out to be a scam and computer did all sorts of strange things, shut down on its own, opened weird web pages, cant remember what they were now. I noticed in the task manager processes list that iexplore.exe was using a lot of memory and internet browsing was very slow. I dont use internet explorer and have it disabled so I ended the iexplore.exe process. Internet went back to normal, after a while iexplore.exe started up again causing the same problem, I kept ending it but kept restarting. I downloaded Task Blocker to kill it every time it started up. Some days it was continuously being ended, but computer and internet were fine. Problem is a few days ago task blocker wouldnt open, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still didnt work. I then downloaded "Ultimate_Process_Killer_2.0.2" which enabled me to end the process manually and kill the root file, which I did like 100 times until it didnt start up again. I havent had a problem since but wanted some help to make sure it is gone for good. Sorry this is so long, please advise as to what you need me to do next. Thanks.