Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ebay batteries over OE Hp batteries???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 allstock

allstock

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hey all,

Just recently picked up a 6710b Hp for real cheap - 100bucks. Has Win7 and office 2010 I'm pumped! One caveat, the battery lasts one hour...caput. Was wondering, all those cheap ebay batteries are they worth it? Or am I stuck getting a battery worth the cost of the laptop? Any questions, experiences greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Not a fan of ebay for laptop peripherals. This is not to say there aren't reputable dealers there. Just that it's a bit of struggle finding the better one more often than not.

I prefer dealing with online merchants that specialize in the product I seek.

As an example: http://www.atbatt.com/laptop-batteries/b/hp/m/compaq-6710b.asp

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 allstock

allstock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

How do you know which manufacturer is the better batter or is it a situation where they're all made in China? Is there a life span difference with that and original equipment HP? I have very bad luck with computers, cars, and women...life in general.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

I bought a Compaq CQ laptop battery from Ebay and have had no problems with it. Maybe I was lucky. I just looked for a seller that had a least a 99% approval rate.

#5 allstock

allstock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

I think you guys are both right in the aspect of finding some sellers that are reputable. Some of the larger dealers are also selling on ebay I find. I guess the dollar is the equalizer as well. Some of the listings are so dang cheap that it kinda makes me wonder if they're going to explode or melt in my laptop. Guess I don't know until I try one.     Thanks

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

Not a fan of ebay for laptop peripherals. This is not to say there aren't reputable dealers there. Just that it's a bit of struggle finding the better one more often than not.

I prefer dealing with online merchants that specialize in the product I seek.

As an example: http://www.atbatt.com/laptop-batteries/b/hp/m/compaq-6710b.asp

I agree with Animal on this, Spend a few extra bucks for quality products. Non genuine parts could damage the PC.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#7 allstock

allstock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for everyone's replies. I guess I'm going to go with an online battery supplier directly. Somehow though in the back of my mind I feel that these batteries are still made from the same source(China), but what I'm really paying for is peace of mind.    Thanks

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

You may want to check these guys out, I have two LT's with their 9 cell batteries.  One is three years old and is still doing great, they have a one year warranty both of mine are well over that.

http://www.laptopbatteryhq.com/hp-business-notebook-6710b-battery.html?gclid=CNbez8m50MECFaIF7AodlC4AmA

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users