Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Virus so aggressiv my pc nearly frozen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jackcapt

jackcapt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Lenovo work pc, I am at a ship and over Electrician are IT responsibility on board and the last Electrician quit his job her, he also take all the administrator password with him. so now I have a virus in my win 8 and this virus has disable the virus protection. Now I have downloaded Ruffus and make my USB stick Boot able, downloaded Kapersky rescue disk 10 and install it on the USB STICK, but I can't boot from there, any ide to help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hello, and Welcome,

You will need to disable SecureBoot in BIOS. Also Fastboot if enabled. You may need to enable something called Legacy Boot or CSM in BIOS.

#3 jackcapt

jackcapt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the reply John, but it's so funked up that it take a half day only to get into control panel, I am wondering if I can install win 7 on a difrent partition from win 8

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Getting into BIOS has nothing to do with Control Panel. If you don't need any data on the computer, you could set it back to a factory state if it's an OEM. What is the make and model of the computer?

It's possible to install Windows 7 dual boot but there could be driver issues if the computer is new. Drivers may not be available for Windows 7. Do you need any data from the computer backed up?

The slowdown of the computer could also be due to a hardware problem. What is the computer used for, just browsing and basic email?

#5 jackcapt

jackcapt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

I know that but to change the setting for bios from secure to legacy, you do it from control panel, lenovo think center edge desktop. This is an new pc and all my work is store there, to lose this is catastroph for me, cannot even access backup disk and to restore it I need admin password
Just for email and office work

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

If that is the case, trying to disinfect the computer using Kaspersky may render the computer unbootable. Do you have an external drive that you can transfer your work to? Then do the factory reset.

Just for your reference. See this link on how to get into BIOS when the computer first boots.

Is the OS Windows  8 or 8,1? If 8.1 was it updated from 8 or did the computer come with 8.1? It

Is the account you login to an admin account?

Type CMD in the search box and Right click Run as Administrator. Type the following

net user administrator

Please post the results.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 October 2014 - 04:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users