Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken Glass Text

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

I recently posted for help with a book cover I was trying to put together and I thank those that shared with me their suggestions. I am basically finished with what I am doing, but I would like to tweak it a little more. I was wondering if anyone would have a simple quick tutorial for a broken/shattered Glass Text? Thank you!

If anyone is interested to see where I am at so far click the link below, click Download File and click Open.

http://wikisend.com/download/534598/Shatter.pspimage

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

Here is a link for "free" Gimp instructions.

http://gimpscripts.com/2011/09/glass-text-script/

And also Photoshop instructions below.

http://www.photoshoplady.com/photoshop-tutorial/increible-glass-broken-effect-for-text/

#3 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

I can't open a  .pspimage 

There is a free true type font at dafont  for broken glass

looks like

BROKEGLASSFONT.png

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hi ocean77!

New to BC and your project, sure sounds interesting.  Are you able to use Photobucket (or such) and embed your project status picture?

Here's text I created using Microsoft Paint.  Is this something like what you are looking for?

13dfe9c2-d358-4235-b455-ecdf8d346b41_zps

:)

#5 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

Thank you GB for the links. Thank you Martel I will take look. Sorry you could not open. It is a Paint Shop Pro (PSP) program, maybe that is why you cannot view it. Do you have PSP? I could convet to JPEG, but would not know how to post here. All I see here for an Image posting is URL. Thanks again people for your help.

#6 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

Went to Gimp, but had no idea how to use their program. Yes Softeyes that is very much what I am looking for, but it just wouldn't work out for me. I know it is because I just can't get it for some reason.

#7 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

ocean77, if you are comfortable sharing, do you not get it meaning Microsoft Paint, or the process of "creating" the look?

LOL..what I did was my first try so I am certain anyone can do it! If once you have finished your wording, you can save it several ways?

Let me know if I could tell you the steps I used if it would help your project 👍😃✨

#8 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

I'm not sure if it is the version of PSP I am using, but when I try and follow any of these tutorials they get to a step that doesn't seem to be there. I know it is there, but it is probably found in a different manner. I am using PSP Version X10. You could try and share the steps you took (if you don't have to go way over board). I do not want you going way out of your way on my account. I'm thinking once I get this broken title matter accomplished I am doing the back cover, which should be simple and it's ready to go. After this I plan on doing a lot of learning because I would like to do web, (which I have a little knowledge with) Flyer, Business Card and other design projects to make a living. I would like to be doing this within the year. I pray this happens anyway.

Okay Softeyes, have a great weekend.

Tom

#9 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

Microsoft Paint is a "free" program typically found in Accessories.  I believe I read that you use Windows 8. Here is a YouTube video that will guide to to find "Paint":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVjzptF5BE

#10 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

Tom, working with fellow forum members is a joy for me!  If all of us can share what we know with one another, and we learn something new, life becomes so wonderful!  I come to BC to learn; the immense amount of volunteer sharing is simply incredible and I really cherish everything that I can glean to become a better computer user. Giving back, if I ever have anything to contribute, feels real good. :)

Working with Microsoft Paint allows a user to create anything (almost to infinity!)  The best part for me, is if I have attempted to create something and I add one line I don't like, I can use the keyboard command Ctrl Z- and the last step is erased leaving the rest of my protect intact!

After you discover your computer has "Paint" ~ post back and I can give you just a few simple steps and you'll be creating "broken glass" with anything!

Question Tom:  Do you have Microsoft Office 2010 (or any version) installed on your computer?  Believe me, you can do the most incredible work in Word! 

(Fun :clapping: )

#11 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Tom, working with fellow forum members is a joy for me!  If all of us can share what we know with one another, and we learn something new, life becomes so wonderful!  I come to BC to learn; the immense amount of volunteer sharing is simply incredible and I really cherish everything that I can glean to become a better computer user. Giving back, if I ever have anything to contribute, feels real good. :)

Working with Microsoft Paint allows a user to create anything (almost to infinity!)  The best part for me, is if I have attempted to create something and I add one line I don't like, I can use the keyboard command Ctrl Z- and the last step is erased leaving the rest of my protect intact!

After you discover your computer has "Paint" ~ post back and I can give you just a few simple steps and you'll be creating "broken glass" with anything!

Question Tom:  Do you have Microsoft Office 2010 (or any version) installed on your computer?  Believe me, you can do the most incredible work in Word! 

(Fun :clapping: )

Yes I have Windows 8 and I do remember seeing Paint. I'm going to check that out now. No, I do not have any MS Office Suite. I use Libre Office. I've been using this for the last 5 years.

#12 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

Good evening Tom!  I have created three pictures that will serve as a humble version of a tutorial!  There are arrows pointing to steps and as easy as I attempted to keep it all you might need to take some time to figure out the road map!  (Sorry..no Garmin will help!)  I suppose the best I can offer you is to just play and have fun!  Once you get the hang of the simple steps, you'll become really good at breaking text!  I have used Microsoft Word to create the tutorial, then I used Windows snipping tool to capture the pictures. LOL..yes I like to play just like a 2md grader and for the professionals in this forum area..please have a chuckle with me! :lmao:

First:

OpenPaint_zpsc2121640.jpg

Second:

Paint2_zps45e900c8.jpg

#13 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

Last:

PreparingPaint3_zpsdfe75895.jpg

#14 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:45 PM

Sorry Lisa I must be a 1st Grader. I have Paint open and I was working breaking up title and is coming along fine. Thank you, I'm going to work (play around) to see what I can come up with. If you can come up with a simple way of blending photos where they are no longer shaped like boxes I would appreciate it. Have a great day.

Tom

Thank you much for showing me what a good program Paint actually is. I went back in and put together a pretty good Broken Glass Text, but I plan on playing around a little bit more to make it better. I've got a question though. How do I use what I make in PSP without taking the background on Paint with the Text? Thank you!

Edited by ocean77, 28 October 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#15 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

Greetings Tom!

Glad you like paint..endless hours of fun, and a very useful program!

Regarding altering a picture in paint, see what I have done below:

Self edit spellingPicturestom_zpsab57fe10.jpg

Edited by softeyes, 28 October 2014 - 02:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users