Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello From West Coast Canada

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

As the title says just wanted to say hello and see if anyone is listening.

Some computer knowledge and tools, I am sure I have more than enough equipment to be dangerous lol

I am the self made IT guy for my own complex and am so not qualified. I run a few managed switches with wireless access points that provide individual connection points for my guests. 5 guests at the moment and I have my personal network as a subnet of the guest network. I have the resources for another 3 or 4 guests when the renovations are complete. It would depend on how much service I can get from the local suppliers.

Guests are mostly students at the local university. Everyone has a port and they are limited so that everyone gets to enjoy the internet. It took a few years of stumbling around to get it so that I really don't concern myself with it.

I just reset the whole system when someone has an issue (every month or so) and it seems to be working fine.

I don't have the knowledge to take advantage of all the safeguards that are within the switches but that is not why I have introduced myself today.

The name is Joe and the Smokin Joe came from a nickname a got a long time ago doing High Speed Flat rate truckin... lol.

I will be turning 61 later this year and still have a number of things I would like to see finished in this lifetime.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with a little issue I am having with an old friend.

See ya around :hello:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users