Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lensw

Lensw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

I am a new user who found this site when searching for a file that Malwarebytes found on my computer and labeled it as being infected with a spyware virus.  One of your other users also had malwarebytes identify the same file on his computer around the same date (within 1 day).  I thought I would reply to him, but this site is not allowing me to post right now.  So this is a test as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

:welcome: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/welcome-guide/

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Is the topic you wanted to reply to in Malware Removal Logs?

If so, the only people who can reply to MRL topics are the topic starter, members of the malware removal team and certain Bleeping Computer staff.

This prevents members from making "me to" or "this is what worked for me" "this is how I fixed it" posts.

We train our own personnel to deal with malware removal in that forum. That guarantees the person receiving help there will ONLY get a trained and proper reply. No guess answers, no dangerous answers.

You will be able to post anywhere else.

If you need help, please start a topic about your issue. Do not follow the fix for someone else. Doing so may cause more problems with your computer.

Follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic in Malware Removal Logs forum.

If the post was in a DIFFERENT forum and you cannot reply the topic is locked.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 October 2014 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users