Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Manually Reconnecting to Network / Rebooting the Router

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

I've posted about this before but the problem continues. I have an HP running Windows 7. I've had this a few months and this problem began with this new computer. I have an Apple Airport Express router.

When the computer sleeps or restarts, not every single time, but more often than not, I have to unplug the router and plug it back in and then manually reconnect.

The last time I posted about this I was advised to tick an option that told the computer to not disconnect to save power. (Sorry I don't recall the exact details.) I did so but the problem continues.

Any ideas on ways around this?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

The "click" was on the power options tab of the network interface's properties.  You disable the power management so it doesn't put the nic to sleep.

But that would not require you rebooting the router.  That is more of an indication the router is the problem.

Is this wired or a wireless connection having the problem?

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

Wireless

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

If you connect wired to the router do you have the problem?

Is the setting for power monitoring set to disabled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users