Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Remove This Keylogger?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 xagrinn

xagrinn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

My bro who happens to be my enemy installed this keylogger in our pc. AVG, Spybot, Malware Bytes and Windows Defender found nothing. I downloaded a couple of keylogger detector programs, and luckily, Spy Reveal detected it. The keylogger is PC Agent. I installed one to know how it works, and after an hour or two I uninstalled it. But it seems like my bro's keylogger is still there, (I can't uninstall it) since Spy Shelter notifies me that AVG is trying to record my keystrokes. I uninstalled AVG, (the file name he chose for the keylogger) then I ran Spy Reveal again, and the keylogger is still there hiding in Spybot. I also uninstalled the suspicious program Spybot, because Spy Reveal says the file name has the word "hook" in it, which I learned is how the keylogger hides itself. Now after I uninstalled Spybot, I ran Spy Reveal again. It did not detect anything this time, but Spy Shelter alerts me that other legit programs and processes in the pc are trying to record my mouse clicks, keystrokes and are trying to capture a screenshot, like run.dll or Ultrasurf.

So it seems like the programs are being used to record what I do, so what should I do? Is there a software that can totally remove this or I should start to research on how to format a pc then I'll password protect it so that my bro can't do any more harm? I use Windows 7 64-bit, 2.20 ghz and
1 GB RAM. Thanks in advance.

Edited by xagrinn, 26 October 2014 - 02:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:15 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

step1.gif In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.

CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/553360 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.

step2.gifIf you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:

• If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
    • Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.
    • If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.
    • If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.

Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.

DDS.com Download Link
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control can be found HERE.

As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

#3 xagrinn

xagrinn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

Ok, give me some time to do this, since my bro's keylogger is very much alive and kicking, and I don't want him to see this post, it's like feeding him what he wants. I'm only using my phone now to browse the net. I will run the program as anonymously as possible, I don't want to log in to any site using that pc.

#4 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,685 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

:welcome:

To help you remove a keylogger or anything else on your system we need to run scans and see reports, I am afraid this is nothing that you will be able to hide, so if you want to post the logs its up to you

1QYkxTZ.jpg Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

• Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
  • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.
  •  
    I just want to see the report....Please Do Not Fix Anything

============================================================================

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
    A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Please make sure All Users is checked
  • Do not check 
  • *List BCD
    *Drivers MD5
    *Shortcut txt
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

• Edited by ken545, 05 November 2014 - 01:06 PM.

mvp_host.pngConsumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

donate.gif Please consider a donation to help me keep up my fight against malware.

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no response in 3 days

#5 xagrinn

xagrinn
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 5 posts
    •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Ok, I will try to do this without logging in, and I will transfer the txt file to my phone then I will upload it to my email which then I'll upload it to the forum using a net cafe. Can keyloggers still run in safe mode by the way?

#6 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
    • 1,685 posts
    •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:36 PM

I believe so

donate.gif Please consider a donation to help me keep up my fight against malware.

#7 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
    • 1,685 posts
    •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:56 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

#8 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
    • 1,685 posts
    •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

This topic has been re-opened at the request of the person who originally posted.

#9 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
    • 1,685 posts
    •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

I think what i would do is ask you bro if he installed a keylogger and why,if its his computer and you are just a user I really dont like going behinds someones back.

#10 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
    • 1,685 posts
    •  

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

Are you able to run the scans and post the logs in this forum

Edited by ken545, 13 November 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#11 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
    • 1,685 posts
    •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:11 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users