Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wezzlegod

wezzlegod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hello okayI have a problem. Here's what happened. I have AMD Radeon HD6870 in my computer. I added a Radeon  R9 290 X. I booted up the computer and after the bios screen loaded the computer shut down. So I took the R9 290 X out of the computer. I turn it on and it does the same thing. I took out the HD 6870. The computer seems to stay running but I can't tell if it was loading up Windows because there's no onboard video. So I went and found an old PCI video card that doesn't have external power connections. The computer boots up and load Windows. The power supply was a 750 W power supply. Could having both video cards fried the power supplies video card outputs. Or could the new card have been faulty and fried the old card through the PCI? I had the HD 6870 on the number one port and the R9 on the number three port. if it fried the power supply would 1000 W be okay to use.

mbord sabertooth 990fx

cpu phenom iix6 1100t 3.84g

ssd samsung 840 480g

hd 350g

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

You tried to run two different crossfire GPUs together, or to different pairs of crossfire GPUs?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 wezzlegod

wezzlegod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

lol i found the problem wasnt the video cards. i had knocked the cpu cooler loose. cleaned it put new compound on it and it stoped shutting down.

but the new r9 290 is dead have an asus sabetoth bord on it is led lights for different sections of the bord. thay flash on then off during bootup testing each section. when i put the r9 290 in the computer the vga test led stays on during bootup and the computer dousend boot up just stops. when i use just the old hd card it bootsup fine.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

Do you have the proper drivers for the graphics cards?

If you do, then I would be inclined to say that the cards have failed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users