Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2013 new email window slow and stays underneath

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OnTheRoad41

OnTheRoad41

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

This is a weird problem: in outlook 2013, I click New Email and the new email window opens on top but somewhat slowly and the says (for just a second or two) Not Responding, then it is underneath the main outlook window. I click on the new email form to get it on top and start typing the address and then click on the address I want and it goes through the same procedure, ending with the new email underneath the outlook window. I click on it to bring it on top and from then on it is more or less normal, occasionally giving me the Not Responding message on the top bar.

Very annoying as it takes about 3 seconds each time it starts doing its Not-Responding-Underneath thing.

Anybody have any ideas what is going on? You guys saved my bacon a while back so I figure maybe somebody knows!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OnTheRoad41

OnTheRoad41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

I archived a lot of emails and after a day or so it seems to have fixed itself. It didn't right after I archived the emails, but I day later it was working fine. No idea what the problem was, other than possibly a lot of emails clogging it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users