Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SATA DRIVERS ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grooveboy

grooveboy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hi Guys my pc won't boot up and on the black screen I get a message that sez BOOTMGR NOT FOUND or something like that.

Now on my machine I have 2 drives, a 1TB for storage and a 750 GB for games and art work and this drive contain the OS.

Now at times when the system trys to boot up and gets to the screen where its showing whats connected to the machine, it will list the storage drive with the 950 or 60 GB which is accurate but when it list the system drive it lists it as 7GB.

So what I did was to set the PC to boot from the CD Drive and put in my WIN 7 disc and set it to repair.
But when it starts to load I get a screen that sez SELECT OS but my OS is not there so the next option is IF OS IS NOT FOUND SELECT LOAD DRIVERS AND HIT OK.

Now the problem is that the only disc that I have is the one that comes with the drive and when you put that in there are no drivers.

The box on the WIN 7 screen is looking for a file called SYSTEM INFORMATION so I clicked on every item that I found in the disc and none of them are the ones.

It just gives me an error box that sez THE SPECIFIED LOCATION DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HARDWARE.

So since I can't track down drivers for it, should I just go ahead and still try the repair even though the OS is not found in the box ?

How do I get a BOOTMGR file ?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Two possibilities.

Is your BIOS seeing the 650Gb drive ?  Go into your BIOS, you do this usually by clicking the 'Delete' key a few times while the BIOS screen (the one with the maker's name all over it as soon as you switch on) is visible. Other keys are sometimes used, it will tell you on the BIOS screen. When you get into the BIOS you will find a screen listing your drives. If this HD is not listed it usually means that there is a problem with it, it may simply be disconnected.

The other is whether or not this drive is listed in the boot priority list. Still in the BIOS, move along to the section 'Boot' or 'Boot priority' and check that this drive is listed either first, or second after your optical (CD/DVD) drive. If you have made any changes to adjust these settings, then exit saving them and see if the computer boots normally after that.

If it doesn't, post back but include details of your computer - make and model at a mininum.

Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users