Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Doesn't Fully Work On New Mobo...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sabes

Sabes

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:49 PM

I'm running an eMachines T1840 which worked great with the generic "Imperial" mobo it came with (SKU # MBEM2095IMPL look here) until it died a week ago. I replaced it with a Gigabyte 8I845GVM-RZ board that works perfectly fine except for the sound. On the Gigabyte board there are 2 separated pin spots to connect the audio cables (one for the front L, one for front R) but there's only one cable extending from the front that feeds the front audio. The cable says LR so I'm guessing it feeds both the left and right, but on the new mobo the pins are separated enough to where I can't plug the cable in both. Is there any way to get around this to feed sound to both sides, or am I just going to be stuck listening to mono sound for the rest of forever?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

I have looked at the manual and I see what the problem is.

The issue is not so much with the mobo as it is with your computer case. You need individual connectors for your front audio, not the dual connector that you apparently have. You must purchase and install individual connectors on the wires leading from the front audio.

Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users