Hello Phil in USA,
Please do and consider the following.
I do need to inform you that your logs show evidence of pirated software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.
While I will continue to help you, I strongly encourage you to remove the software from your computer for a number of reasons.
- Pirated software can contain backdoors, silently install malware on your system, and change your system's configuration without you knowing it.
- Companies (like Adobe in this case) spend a lot of time, money, and energy to create, test, advertise, and produce software. It is unfair to them to acquire this software via pirated means.
Note that the existence of this pirated software on your machine may or may not be related to the problems you are experiencing.
Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode
- Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press Enter.
- Please copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your desktop (<<<Important) as fixlist.txt
- Launch FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait, the program will automatically launch fixlist.txt.
- The tool will create a log on the desktop called Fixlog.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the file in your reply.
TDSS Killer Scan
Please read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.
- Download TDSSKiller.exe and save it to your desktop.
- Execute TDSSKiller.exe by double-clicking on it.
- Press Start Scan.
- If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Cure. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
- Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txt
- Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.
Lastly, your computer shows a number of drives connected of varying sizes:
==== Disk Partitions =========================
C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 60 GiB total, 6.624 GiB free.
D: is FIXED (NTFS) - 932 GiB total, 53.723 GiB free.
E: is CDROM ()
F: is FIXED (NTFS) - 2795 GiB total, 2647.371 GiB free.
G: is FIXED (NTFS) - 932 GiB total, 18.59 GiB free.
I see evidence of programs installed on both C:\ and D:\, and am unsure what F:\ and G:\ are.
Can you please explain what you know about these drives?
What I'd like to see in your next post:
- TDSSKiller log
- Information about drives.
Edited by TheShooter93, 02 November 2014 - 11:21 AM.