Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Disconnects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leicestersq

leicestersq

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Experts,

can you help me.

We have several devices in the household that use our wireless router. All seem to connect ok all of the time, except this computer.

This computer works fine most of the time, but I get random disconnects. I can solve it instantly by disabling and then renabling the adapter.

I have tried putting a direct wired connection to the route on the computer, but the problem of disconnects has remained.

I note that in the event viewer, when a disconnect happens I get the following message.

Name resolution for the name csi.gstatic.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

The web address above is just an example, it happens for whatever I am looking at when the disconnect happens. The event ID is 1014.

I have done various things, many of which I cant even remember now, including the default DNS server value.

I am suspecting that there might be a memory issue or a motherboard issue.

Does anyone know anything else I might be able to try?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

If it's a motherboard issue...you may be able to circumvent it by simply replacing or adding the wireless adapter.

The fact that other systems have no problems seemingly indicates that the problem lies with your system.

A new adapter would allow focusing on whether it's a motherboard problem or not.  A wired connection would probably do the same.

Louis

#3 leicestersq

leicestersq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

Louis,

many thanks for your response.

As part of my own attempts to resolve this issue, I did purchase a separate network card, for a wired Ethernet connection. I bought an Ethernet kit as well to direct the signal from the router to the computer via the ring main. That certainly improved response times and bandwidth, but it didn't help with the disconnects, they are still happening.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users