Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can i get a complaint to google

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

I need to complain to google, about a change thye made to the way one of their services works. None of their support pages have anything even acknowledging that this change was made, and thye don't give any ways obvious ways to contact them. The "report abuse of a product or service" doesn't go to a report form, it goes to a list of troubleshooting options wth no contact facilities shown. As a large company i know google must legally have to have a way for peiple to contact them, in such aa way that a person's complaint or other message gets infornt of the eyes of a human employee of google, rather than being tossed into a "black hole" of electronic trash by the eyes of a machine with some understanding of natural language. Please tell me how to get a short (500 word odd) complaint infront of the eyes of a living human being at google, i've tried everywhere but can't find a way. Thanks
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

There are lots of supposedly reputable outfits that are almost impossible to contact. I think it should be illegal to have a website that is not simple to contact.

#3 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

I agree with you there. Life imprisonment for the boss of any company who fails to provide an email address that clients can contact and which is regularly checked by real human workers. Any thoughts on how to actually go about contacting them.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

Try the Google Contact Us page: http://www.google.com/intl/us-EN/contact/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

That is the page where the "report abuse" thing takes you to a troubleshooter and common issues FAQ rather than a reporting form.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

Upper right corner of that page, telephone: +1 650 253 0000 and ask???

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

I don't see that number, plus i'm in the UK, even if i can call that number from my country it will no doubt cost a fortune for an international call.

#8 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

By clicking the 'View our other locations' link, you get the Google London number: +44 (0)20-7031-3000

#9 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

Quote:  Internet Live Stats

Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average (visualize them here), which translates to over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.

Can you imagine how many people Google would need to have "live support" available for complaints?  It boggles my mind and gives me a headache to think about it. lol!

Perhaps a better approach would be to discuss your complaint here and maybe get some helpful suggestions.  

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#10 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

Basically i want to complain to them about a change thye made to the way their phone verification shstem for 2 step security works. You see it used to be that when a text didn't arrive you could click a link on the page saying "voice call my phone", now it is a matter of either using a printed out backup code or getting them to text a backup phone. It's a really dumb move on their part to remove the option to send a voice call if the text doesn't arrive. They still have the option to set voice calls instead of texts all the time but that isn't the sort of thing that helps in these situations. There is no explanation on any support page of theirs about this happening, or why they did it. What i know is that this time last year there was the option available to send a voice call to one's phone visible on the second page during login (the fist page being entering of p-word and username, the second page being for verification codes, and one could click this option as soon as one started to think "this text is late, something must have gone wrong".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users