Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IOS down grade

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 msdhoni

msdhoni

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

I have IOS 8.2 and yesterday i received an update for IOS 8, has any one else received this down grade.

Can anyone explain this.

Tks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GaryG45

GaryG45

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

You must have iOS 8.0.2, and the latest update I got was for 8.1. I haven't received anything to downgrade to 8.0 or 8.0.1.

#3 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

Well i just check for software update and it now say " IOS 8.1 up to date". What the hell happened to IOS 8.2. Some of the features i had in 8.2 is not there anymore, such as Find my Phone, imessage cannot be turned on, they are grayed out. Now i will have to check what else is messed up.

#4 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

As GaryG45 says, you would have had 8.0.2 not 8.2 (which has not been released yet).

As for greyed out settings, check to see if restrictions have been turned on. That is what it sounds like to me. I presume this is a personal phone? (not provided by a company IT deparatment?, or linked to Company email - somtimes company IT susytems can impose restrictions on attached mobile devices) 

Apple IOS does not normally support downgrades, so you will not normally see any. This policy is to prevent older firmware being reloaded to exploit security weaknesses that were present in the older versions.

x64

#5 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

sorry to cause any alarm bells going off, i now understand ios versions. my ios 8.0.2 and the currant ios 8.1 is corrruuupppttedd. I have been working with apple tech support three times now and no good results yet. i am having issues with my 5s and will report as soon as apple get it fix or replaced.

Tks

#6 WritingOnTheWall

WritingOnTheWall

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

Apple doesn't revert back to earlier versions of iOS. When they fix bugs and stuff they just release a new version. 

#7 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hello all, i finally have my iphone 5s restored back to factory setting (like new). I was working with Apple Tech Care and after once a week for three weeks they finally were able to download a none corrupted IOS 8.1 software to my Iphone. I am happy to say that problems with grayed out icloud, find myphone,disabled ads, entering pw two times to unlock etc: , all are back to normall for now, hope it stay that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users