Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Capture the WiFi signal from video camera, with Android

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 windranger

windranger

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

My camera can stream live the video it shoots live, via Wi-Fi; I want to capture this stream on an Android smartphone, as I need to further process the video. Camera model is Panasonic HD-V550. (other models like HD-V750, HD-V720, HD-V520 do exactly the same)

There is this mode called "Baby-monitor mode"; I asked Panasonic about it and they said that video is sent uncompressed, "the way it is shot by the camera" if I understood well. I assume this means raw video. Anyway the fact that it's uncompressed and not downsampled (unlike in Live Cast mode-streaming to Ustream server) makes it to be exactly what I need.

Panasonic provides an application called "Image App" (http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/soft/image_app) but it's not open source. This application makes it possible to see the video on the smartphone's screen, but I don't need only that, I want to use the video for further manipulation, encoding, etc so I want to write a new program from scratch.

My question is how can I know what the type of the WiFi video signal is and what Android APIs to use in order to capture this video stream; so I know how to start the development. Would there be an easier way to do it than decompiling the "Image App" with tool like

Any help or even hints highly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users