Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flashing blue pixels with Firefox/Windows 8.1?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Claytronic

Claytronic

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'm not sure if this should go into another forum or not, so I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I put it in this forum section because I feel that it may have to do with Windows 8.1 or a driver needing to be updated.

I'm using a brand new Toshiba Satellite C55-B5270, right out of the box a few days ago. I moved things over from my old laptop and everything is good, but I've noticed that sometimes there's a flickering blue pixel in the top section of my browser. Not sure why, but it goes away if I shrink and then re-expand the browser.

Tonight I saw a couple of them flashing on a page on Tumblr while it was loading. I don't know why this is.
They're about the same shade of blue as my window border so I feel that it might be Windows acting up.

I Googled and was told to update my drivers but I'm not sure how, can anybody give me advice on how to check if my drivers are out of date, or what these pixels are doing?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

If you go to the Toshiba site and enter your model in the support section you should be able to get a listing of the current drivers for that unit. The programs and features listing of the Control panel should list the installed versions of everything. Download and install any / all that are newer.

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users