Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible virus persists even after clean install of win7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 surelynot

surelynot

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

I keep geting virus like symptomps and I cant get rid of them even after clean installing win7.

The systems of the virus became evident when I ran The Trend micro ATTK with clean boot tool. It picked 12 possible infectioins but the scan kept running for 2 days and eventually stoped and reported "error running javascripts". I also tried the scan with the cleanboot option.

The same problem has occured on 3 laptops in the house.

I tried running the scan by isolating my laptop without connecting to the lan and modem but this still didn't seem to work.

I then tried a clean install of win7 but to no avail.

The main symtom is a memory leak, after gaming for 2 hours a message pops up saying not enough memory and the graphics qualitiy diminishes the longer I play. Before I ran the attck scan I never had this problem so severely.

Another symtom is seen while playing youtube videos, there is fussy picture as if the graphics card is having trouble buffering the video to normal quality. 

Another symtom occurs after running some scans, the desktop background picture is removed and black background appears.

I know that I have been infected by the Trovi Virus. I followed some removal guides on your site and seem to have removed it from my search in internet explorer.

There was another virus picked up  recently but I cant remember the name of it.

Any help to resolve what is causing my laptop to underperform would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users