Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendations for buying a cheap new laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elizabethwright2244

elizabethwright2244

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

I am a fairly ignorant computer techy. So any recommendations would be lovely.

My price range is no more than $350

My major uses are: movie and music streaming, web searches, and microsoft word/presentations programs

The thing that matters most to me is the battery life. At least 5 hours would be my goal.

I do trek around campus a lot, so something thin and light (under 5lbs) would be preferable. 

I have no brand in mind that I want

I do want at least 4GB of RAM

A fairly fast processor (2.16GHz)

I can't think of any other qualifications. I have searched the internet high and low for something, but really have no idea if what I'm looking at is any good. So any help would be greatly appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Maybe have a look here: http://www.best5list.com/best-laptops-under-350

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM

Woot! (An Amazon company) has a refurbished Lenovo T420 today only.  Woot! is a good place to watch as they have computer deals daily.  The only problem with Woot! is that the deals are only good for one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users