Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Internet in all applications (Firefox, Chrome, iTunes, Thunderbird...)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Funny_Sunshine

Funny_Sunshine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Hi!

I have a problem of slow Internet. My speed is supposed to be 20 mbps (and when I do a speedtest, that’s what it shows as well), but my Internet is really slow, whether in Firefox, Chrome or even in the iTunes Store on iTunes, or loading images in emails in Thunderbird. Most of the pages take a really long time to load (sometimes not even loading at all so I have to refresh) and I don’t understand why. I tried restarting my computer, running Firefox in safe mode, checking for viruses and running Malware Bytes and CCleaner, but nothing I tried changed anything. Internet is at its normal speed on all my other computers and devices. My computer in itself is sometimes a little slow, but a few weeks ago, the Internet speed was still normal no matter what.

Also, in case you need to know, I’m on Windows 7.

Any suggestions for what I could try?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users