Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Windows on Apple laptop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Elysium

Elysium

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hello friends here,

I need your advise and support in one thing:

Is possible to install windows on apple laptop? and how to? is special to install a windows on it?

I have no experience about apple laptop.

Thanks in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

You can use bootcamp to install windows. You will need to create a drivers disc in the process. What is the current OS on the laptop? What version of windows are you trying to install?

Edited by zingo156, 24 October 2014 - 12:21 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Elysium

Elysium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

My one friend ask me to install a windows on it because he lost a password of it. i sad i have no experience about it. i do not know what version to install on it.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

You will need to know the OS version and what version of windows you are installing. Also you have to be able to log on the computer using OSX. You can not format a mac and just put windows on it.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 staygold512

staygold512

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

Is your friends primary issue a forgotten login password? 

#6 Elysium

Elysium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

yes he sad that he cannot access on it he bought it also he is not strong on mac os too.

#7 mwieting

mwieting

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

Your options for running windows applications on a Mac are running Boot Camp, VMware or Parallels.  All of these products run a full fledge version of Windows on your Mac.  If you only want to run specific programs you could try something like Wine or Crossover but chances are you'll have a tough time getting the applications to work with Wine or Crossover.

#8 jdesunshine

jdesunshine

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

I also use VirtualBox (free) to run Win 7 on my OS X 10.6.8.  It was much easier to use than when I had VMWare. My tech liked it better too, especially since he did the initial setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users