Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely frequent bsod.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Spencerotaku

Spencerotaku

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

Sometimes the blue screen shows up or my computer just freezes seconds after logging in; I tried safe mode but it froze while loading windows files; i Uses my windows disk and did a system restore, and I did not freeze immediately considering i have the time to write this msg.; ihave 3 mini dumps if you they can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

Please download and run both speccy and who crashed:

We need to analyze your operating system's crash dump files to further diagnose what could possibly be crashing your computer system.

Please download Who Crashed? and save it to your desktop.

Double click whocrashedSetup.exe and choose Run

On Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 machines, when User Account Control asks if you wish to install this program, say YES to install the program on your computer.

Program can also be installed by right click and choosing Run As An Administrator.

On the next screen choose Next and accept the agreement.

Install the program in it's default location C:\Program Files\WhoCrashed (If your primary drive is different from C:, choose your primary drive.)

Choose Next and allow program to create a Start Menu Folder called WhoCrashed and click Next.

Allow program to create desktop icon and click Next.

Now Click Install.

Once the program is installed on your computer system, look for the WhoCrashed icon.png desktop Icon and double click it.

Accept the User Account Control request and the program will open on your screen and should look something like this.

whocrashed.png

Next, Click the Analyze button. analyze.png

An Information Window should appear on your screen prompting you to scroll down your screen.

If a report was generated we would like to have a look at this report.

To do this, click File analyze.png and then choose Export.

Save as WhoCrashedOutput.htm to your desktop.

Open WhoCrashedOutput.htm and copy and paste all of the contents from System Information (local) and Crash Dump Analysis and the Conclusion into your next reply.

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.

• Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

• You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

• After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

• Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    p22004369.gif
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
  • You will see the following prompt:
    p22004371.gif
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    p22004372.gif
  • Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
  • Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Spencerotaku

Spencerotaku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/11bqTBNB7vIXLfB16sqpqNG

computer name: SAYA-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: G1.Sniper, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 12883255296 total

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

There wasn't anything obvious in speccy. Please check the above post again and follow the instructions for who crashed. Copy and paste the entire crash report in your next post.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 Spencerotaku

Spencerotaku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

IT said there wasnt any crashes

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:11 AM

That might be due to the reload of windows. If you have not run memtest86+ this would be a good thing to try out. You can download it here: http://memtest.org/#downiso

These are the links directly from memtest86+

** Memtest86+ V5.01 (27/09/2013)**

Download the software and burn directly to a disc, you can also create a usb bootable, just make sure you backup your flash drive first as it does require a format to be done. Then boot to the disc or usb device and let memtest86+ run 3 passes at minimum. You have quite a bit of ram so this test may take a few hours or more.

What you will be looking for is any red line of errors, if you never get any errors the ram is likely ok. If you do get a red line error, report the entire error and all of the information in the line here. I may be able to tell you which stick has a problem. If there is an error please also tell me what size stick of ram is in each slot and their order.

#7 Spencerotaku

Spencerotaku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

no ram issue here

#8 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Well now we are down to trying to make it crash again and get a new BSOD report. If you can post the mini dumps you have that might help. If memtest ran fine with no errors, generally it means your cpu and ram are ok.

Here are some things you can try to force a crash, prime95 run for at least 30 minutes (prime95 is a test for cpu and ram but much more stressful than memtest86), furmark run for at least 30 minutes (tests video cards). If either one causes a crash by itself let me know, if not, try running both at the same time, this will put a load on the psu, sometimes psu's fail under load.

While running the stress tests, download and open HWmonitor, let it run the entire time you are stress testing. If it doesn't crash, take a screen shot of the HWmonitor window and upload that to dropbox or similar and post the link here. HWmonitor will show voltages and temperatures which may lead to an answer.

Another thing that could be the problem is the SSD or hard drive. The mini dumps or a new BSOD crash should show any hard drive related error. Generally they are 0x7(a-f) codes. The speccy report does not show any problem with either the Intel SSD or the hard drive, but SMART data is not a perfect error detection tool.

Edited by zingo156, 28 October 2014 - 07:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users