Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone else having problems with outlook.com emails?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Taffy_078

Taffy_078

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

I've just moved to outlook.com due to poor service in general from my previous email providers (although their forum members and  moderators were very good/helpful. 

In the 14 days since I set up my new outlook email, I've had shedloads of emails first delayed and then 'unable to deliver'. Roughly 1 in every 6 or 7 fail.

The crazy thing is that more than half of the 'failed to deliver' emails are either to another outlook address or to a Hotmail address. The Hotmail postmaster is struggling with some internal problem?

Anyone else having similar problems, please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Taffy_078

Taffy_078
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:50 AM

er, I'm somewhat confused. I've just open an email - part below -  telling me that someone has replied but there's no reply showing. Does it mean that he/she has deleted it?

The reply to the info requested by him/her is

"From the postmaster @mail.hotmail.com 

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

@outlook.com"

From:  BleepingComputer.com (bleep@bleepingcomputer.com)  
Sent: 24 October 2014 18:57:00
Taffy_078,

syrius01 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Anyone else having problems with outlook.com emails?".

The topic can be found here:

EDIT: I've clicked on his/her name and got this: "  This member is no longer active.  [#10246.1] ". I hope it wasn't my fault.

Edited by Taffy_078, 25 October 2014 - 01:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users