Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

web server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jozzyjay

jozzyjay

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:59 AM

hello 

i want to create a web server with authentication that gonna be accessed using static IP address, so now my problem is i cannot get the authentication part right. i wanted to know which software  i can install ... please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bitboyz

Bitboyz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:53 PM

Since you are in the Windows server forum, I assume you are going to be use IIS for your web server? Is this a home brewed web app? Is it going to be built in a CMS like Wordpress, Joomla...?

#3 jozzyjay

jozzyjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:37 AM

thank you for you reply

actually i want to make something like  a cloud server where users will be able to log in the server remotely using their user names and password.

#4 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

You still didnt answer the question about IIS, are you going to be using IIS and if so set the authentication to Basic and defien the domain suffix so all they have to do then is add the username with out the suffix IE(somedomain\someuser).

Or are you talking about a VPN so they access the server through remote desktop?

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 30 October 2014 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users