Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Color help.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xchaos01

xchaos01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

I have a gray scale image which I want to convert to one color (orange).

I want darkest black to become brightest orange and the rest just fade accordingly to the shades of gray.

In other words, say you want to print said gray scale image but your only ink is an orange one, the thing will print orange scale, when it's trying to print its darkest it'll print its orange-est.

Please help.

I'm using Paint Shop Pro 9 (hella outdated I know), but I'll do whatever I need to.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

I have experimented with my Paint Shop Pro X4, and found two ways that give an orange look to a greyscale photo, but do not completly eliminate the black color.

First, I opened the photo in the "edit" window, clicked on the "effects" tab, then "photo effects", next I selected "creative filters" and in the menu, I selected "orange".

In that same window, I ran the "density" setting up to 100, and clicked OK.

Another way was to open the photo in the "edit" window, and select the "color changer" tool, then in the "materials palet", clicked on the orange color I liked, then hovered my cursor over the photo and clicked.

But as I said the blacks are still there, there may be a better way to do this, but I do not know of one myself.

PS, If you do find a better way please post back so that we all can learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users