Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Multi-page printing problems with Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 omchance

omchance

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

I am about to lose my mind.  I run two computers in my office, one with Windows 7, one with Windows 8.  I have Epson Workforce 2540 printers (2 of them) and an HP Deskjet 3051 A printer

Long story short, I cannot print a full document from the Windows 8 computer.  This problem just started happening within the last two months or so.  I thought it was a fluke but it appears it isn't.

I cannot print multi-page documents.  It will typically print the first page only and then cancel the rest of the job.  The error message is no help, as it just says "Error-this document cannot be printed."

At first I thought I had a bogus printer (One of the Epsons).  So then I tried the HP and it did the same thing.  Then I tried the other Epson and there it was again.

It happens in Office, through browsers, etc.  Pretty much anything I try to print that isn't more than a few lines gets kicked out and cancelled.

I tried stopping the print spooler, reinstalling the software, changing the ports (the computer wouldn't let me do that), etc.  I have spent hours on the phone with Epson....  I even tried just general Windows updates.

I am at my wit's end.  I must be able to print from my computer because I cannot keep saving everything and then yelling to my assistant to open it up and print it from her computer (the Windows 7).

If anyone can help me, I will be most grateful.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 October 2014 - 09:44 PM.
moved from Windows 8 to External Hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

Welcome,

Have you upgraded / updated to Windows 8.1? There are many fixes in that version. After the update I would do a control panel uninstall. reboot and reinstall the latest printer drivers.

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users