Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!! I'm Getting Errors Trying to Backup XP!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 koolx

koolx

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

I'm using Macrium Reflect to make a clone of my XP. But, I get an error ID: 0x8004230f. This error has something to do with Volume Shadow Copy, which is enabled. In Event Viewer, I get this error:

Event 12292
Source VSS

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Error creating the Shadow Copy Provider COM class with CLSID {65ee1dba-8ff4-4a58-ac1c-3470ee2f376a} [0x80040154].

I also get:

error 1060, which is. The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Can someone PLEASE help me solve this issue?? I'd apprecaite it a million times!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

Hello,

Follow the steps listed here.

#3 koolx

koolx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

Hello,

Follow the steps listed here.

Hello.. I appreciate the reply. I did all the steps suggested in the link you provided. But when I tried to re-register the VSS components, I an error on 2 of those components. Let me know what are the next steps. 

Is it possible to reinstalll VSS? Maybe that will fix it.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

Did you download the VSS.exe file for 32bit. It's near the bottom of the page .Run it in safe mode and then again in an admin account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users