Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop cooling error.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lan07

lan07

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

My fan in my laptop runs off and on and an error message keeps popping up saying cooling error to turn my pc off for it to work but everytime i do that the message pops up again. I see my fan attempting to spin when the error message pops up.  I usually run a desktop fan right next to my pc just in case it attempts to over heat. Not sure if i should get a cooling pad or a cooling fan. The cooling pad cost as much as the cooling fan i just dn't need to tear my pc apart if it will keep my pc cool. The lap top is 2 years old it's a Toshiba L855-s5240.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

Have you ever cleaned the fans inside the computer?  Is there anything blocking the ventilation of the fans?

You should check and make sure that all the fans and airways are clean and that the fans spin properly.

An external cooling solution will not help very much if the internals are stuffed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users