Please follow these steps:1.-
- Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer:
Alternate link: http://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/TFC.exe
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Close any open windows, save your work.
- Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
- TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
- Click the Start button to begin the process,
- Allow TFC to run uninterrupted,
- The program should not take long to finish its job.
- Once it's finished, click OK to reboot.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.
- Please open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Please update the database by clicking on the Update Now button as shown below.
- Following the update, Click Settings > Detection and Protection and make sure Scan for Rootkits it checked.
- Click on Dashboard, then click on the large green Scan Now button to begin the Threat Scan.
If Malware or Potentially Unwanted Programs are found you will receive a Prompt so that you can decide what you want to do. I suggest "Quarantine". Click the button: Apply All Actions.
- A window with an option to view the detailed log will appear. Click on View Detailed Log.
- After viewing the results, please click on the Copy to Clipboard button > OK.
- Return to our forum. Paste your log into your next reply.
Note: If you lose the Clipboard copy and need to retrieve the log again it can be found by opening Malwarebytes and clicking on History> Application Logs with the date of the scan. Simply double-click on that in order to see the options for Copying to Clipboard or to Export to a .txt file (Notepad). etc.. The .txt file can be saved and posted when you are ready.3.-
Go to Eset web page
and run an online scanner from ESET. (You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan).
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
click on Run ESET Online Scanner button.
When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install.
Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options below are ticked.
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
Wait for the scan to finish.
Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt
and copy and paste the results here in this topic.
Edited by Rootk, 25 October 2014 - 12:26 PM.