Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop heating question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gamerfreak

gamerfreak

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

so i bought a new gaming rig, ill start by posting the specs follow by the temps im running, im just curious if these are okay temperatures or if i need to do something to make this thing cool better,

CPU: AMD 1090t six core processor 3.2ghz w/ 3.6ghz turbo (overclockable to 4.0 Ghz stably)
Mobo: MSI 890FXA-GD70
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 2x4gb
GPU: AMD 6950 2GB (unlockable to 6970)
-Includes Eyefinity setup for gaming across all screens at once
Heat sink: Corsair H50 watercooler
HD: 
-Primary: 300 GB @ 10k rpm
-Secondary: 500 GB @ 5400rpm
Case: Cooler Master HAF 930
DVD+RW

800W Power Supply

speedfan 4.50 shows my

temp1 at 56c

temp 2: 36C

temp3: 34C

hd1: 31c

gpu: 43C

core: 48C

thats downloading WoW and running this and speedfan programs only. let me know what you think any help is appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mmd123

mmd123

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

based on what your system is telling you vs what MY system is telling me, you seem to be close to on par with me, and I'm running a gaming system with dual monitors on one video card, my video card is running hotter than yours is at 49C and my cpu is running cooler vs your six core cpu, where as mine is a core 2 quad running stock speeds given that my motherboard is locked down.  so for mine to be close to your temps when mine is 2.5Ghz vs your 4Ghz on a six core vs a quad core, I'd say things are looking fine from your side.

what I AM interested in is what your temps are under full load for say at least 30 minutes, thats going to be the real indicator as to whether things are fine for you or not.

my specs vs tempratures are the following vs yours:

Cpu: core 2 quad running at 2.5Ghz - water cooled by a single 120mm sized radiator and dual pwm fans in push-pull format

Mobo:  evga 790i sli FTW

ram:  generic 8Gb

video card:  xfx radeon 7770 Ghz editions - stock speeds for now

case: generic low ventilation steel case

HDD: Primary - 1tb 7200 rpm generic

second/third - generic 160Gb 7200rpm

PSU: corsair gaming series 1.2Kw

now for the temps:

system: 33C

cpu: 41C

aux: 33C

temp: 33C

hdd1: 27C

hdd0: 32C

hdd2: 31C

gpu: 49C

so given my very limited cooling in my system, my temps are rather high vs what they should be, and under full load for 30 minutes, my cpu temps are ONLY 2C away from the MAXIMUM capable for my cpu before hardware damage occurs.  so that said, you should check the thermal specs of your hardware, mainly the cpu and gpu and run stress tests to compare your maximum temps to the maximum capable before damage for the respective piece of equipment... aka the max tdp vs your max temps, lower is better for sure, and I hope that yours is not a meager 2 degrees shy of the max tdp

anyways, hope I could give a bit of insight and some help from my end.

#3 gamerfreak

gamerfreak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

i cant seem to find the operating temps for the motherboard.

my temp 1 is always higher then the other 2, its the only one that ever increases really, i think i might  need a couple more fans in there to help keep it cool, everything i see says they idle at like 20-30C and i idle at like 42. going to stress test it for a bit like you say and see what happens. hopefully good news to come

#4 gamerfreak

gamerfreak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

I just ordered a new h50 ganna install that when it comes in and do the stress test I'll let you know how it goes in 5 days or so. If that isn't keeping it in the desired range I have room for one more intake fan on the bottom by the power supply. So might have to do that. Because it's the bottom temp 1 sensor that seems to be heating up the other 2 stay in the 30c range. But I think it's partially to it being on its side right now because the h50 that's in there leaked some coolant out and will only flow on its side and they are prefilled and non refillable. So if I replace that and that doesn't keep it cool standing up I'll add an intake on bottom. 120mm looks like the size. And if that doesn't cut it then I'll try swapping the top 240mm fan for 2 120s and see if maybe that helps exhaust a bit faster. I have the Amd software to control overclocking and fan speeds but is there a better one to control each indivual fan in real time? The Amd controls them all the same. Might be something I have to play with once I get the new cooler in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users