Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What computer should I buy?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 elizabethwright2244

elizabethwright2244

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

I am currently in university studying nursing, so I really don't need a powerful computer. My preferences with a laptop are 1. Lightweight 2. Long battery life 3. 11.6-14 inch screen at most. 

My budget is unfortunately no more than $350. 

All I really use my laptop for is web searches, video streaming, music streaming, and microsoft functions. 

I have been interested in the Acer aspire ES1 411 c1p2 as well as the asus X200ma. But being that my education is in health care I really have no working knowledge as to if these computers are really good. 

Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syrius01

syrius01

• Banned Spammer
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Based on your expectations, you could go with that kind of laptop :

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8572806&CatId=7669

#3 elizabethwright2244

elizabethwright2244
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

Do you have any recommendations that would fit in my price range?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:00 AM

In your price range you're either looking at a refurbished computer or a Chromebook.  A Chromebook required an Internet connection because everything is in the cloud.  What do you mean by Microsoft functions?

Here are some Refurbished machines for you.  Your price is really the limiting factor, you can't get much of a laptop for $350.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM

Woot! (An Amazon company) has a refurbished Lenovo T420 today only.  Woot! is a good place to watch as they have computer deals daily.  The only problem with Woot! is that the deals are only good for one day.

#6 Antonifi

Antonifi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

I am Lenovo user~ and it's been a long time since I want to have a new gear of either iPad or surface. But my trait keeps me waiting and hesitating until the new versions are released one by one. I have an iphone already and sometimes really agree it is not necessary to buy a tablet more when in need of any portable device. 

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,992 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

Here, bigger than you wanted but anyhow: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=9182723&sku=DEI-102588298&SRCCODE=WEM4295C&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEM4295&cm_lm=jetman350@yahoo.com&SEG=C&lk=6

Edited by pcpunk, 03 November 2014 - 10:36 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users