Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barbarino

Barbarino

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hello All,

I use Microsoft Outlook 2003, and am unable to send any Emails at all even to myself, for the last two days, but have able to receive them from others.

The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX270, system is Microsoft Windows XP Prof  Version 2002 SP3 4CPU 512 MB RAM

My Web browser is Mozilla Firefox, internet provider Time Warner Cable, and they would not help me as they said my email is a "third party" (even though my email is a Time Warner email address) and they do not support any third party emails.

I have restored the computer twice back to when the Email worked properly to no avail, I have avast antivirus running continually, and I ran Malwarebytes anti-malware which only came up with some PUPs, and that didn't help.

When I checked the error message that appeared in the lower right of the screen it said-

"Task 'pop-server.ca.rr.com-Sending'reportederror (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responeded: 530 Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]

I went to the email settings under Tools and under “Outgoing Server”, I checked off “Outgoing server needs authentication”. That didn’t help, even after restarting.

Now I keep getting the small rectangle that says “Enter network password. I have no idea what that password is, when I enter the email password, that does nothing, and that small screen won’t go away.

When I close email, it reopens and I get new emails with that “Enter Network Password” screen popping up again, and I still can’t send any emails.

Under Tools-Email Account-Change-Test Account-Settings , here is what I got:

Tests

Establish network connection                    Completed

Find Outgoing mail Server SMTP              Completed

Find Incoming Mail Server  POP3              Completed

Log onto Mail Server PO…                        Failed

Send Test email                                         Failed

Errors

Outlook could not connect to the SMTP mail server because the server did not accept your user name or password

Logon to incoming mail server POP3 Outlook could not connect to the incoming POP3 mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password

I would appreciate any help you can give me. As I am not very good with computers and only know the basics, please explain things and all instructions in the simplest of terms.

I prefer to keep my email account as it is because I would like all my emails in one place.

Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

You might try posting the issue in the Time Warner customer help forum in the Email category.

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/

Hopefully someone there will be able to help you get this issue resolved.

#3 Barbarino

Barbarino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Nothing there either applies or helps, I was hoping someone here could help me.

#4 Barbarino

Barbarino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

omg, I fixed it!

The fates smile on dummies!

:bounce:

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

How did you fix it? Info may be handy in the future for someone else with the same TW email problem.

#6 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

omg, I fixed it!

The fates smile on dummies!

:bounce:

How did you fix it? Info may be handy in the future for someone else with the same TW email problem.

Barbarino  :hello:

yes how did you fix it.

the reason i ask is, it sounds like you where getting used as a re route point for a heavy duty spamer and they screwed up

you may have fixed nothing, the hacker spammer may have seen your attempt to log in and cleared your mechine of his hack.

I understand this sort of thing very little, but was explained to me by my website server, who interestingly, would not explain it all

because they don't reveal how all these jokers do their evil deeds, so you can't learn yourself. i just was told, sometimes you can come across a hackers program in your mechine and it will denie you outward entry to protect hacker address.

jimbotoo :scratchhead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users