Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Cable/Card issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jomeg9498

jomeg9498

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

My husband has a Cybertron gaming computer.  It just recently started having issues with the video card.  It kept saying that he needed to check it.  Sometimes the screen with shake and then he would not be able to view what he is searching on.

Last night, he restarted his computer and it kept rebooting saying "no signal input, check video cable"  So I manually turned it off.  Can anyone tell me what may be the issue and how to fix the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,803 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

Does this problem persist in Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jomeg9498

jomeg9498
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Does this problem persist in Safe Mode?

It did not give me that option (I don't think).  It just kept rebooting and never getting past the Windows logo.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,803 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

With the computer turned off press the power button and then immediately start tapping the F8 key.  This should take you to the Advanced Boot Options.

One of the options is Disable automatic restart on system failure, choose this.  You will need to use the up or down key to navigate to this, the press Enter to choose it.

Now when the computer starts you should receive a blue screen with an error code, it will look similar to the image below.

abow7_zps2646149a.png  

Copy the error code and post it in your topic.

Restart the computer and boot into the Advanced Boot Options and choose Safe Mode.

See if the graphics problem continues in Safe Mode.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users