I've made the decision to move to PC gaming and am currently looking at a couple custom builds by Australian Based "HardWired PCs." Living in Sydney, this would be a logical choice of manufacturer for me and ive had friends recommend them as well.
So originally i was looking at their "Repear Junior" as it would fit well into my budget of around $2400 including peripherals. However, I really like their "Hush" model and this fits well into my budget as well. There are just a few things im uncertain about and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.
There are a few requirements that I would need in my PC and these are:
- i7 cpu (preferably 4790k)
- nvidia gpu for rendering with cuda cores
- 16gb ram
- and adequate cooling since my rendering will drive the system to probably 95%
Here's the "Hush" build i was thinking of:
case = NZXT H440
case fans = Corsair Airflow High Performance
cooling = Noctua NH-U12S multi-socket
cpu = intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz quad core
mobo = Asus z97k
ram = corsair 16GB vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3
GPU = Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
HDD = 1TB Caviar Black
PSU = corsair RM-750 750W silent 80 plus gold efficient
Wi-Fi = TP-Link TL-EDN4800 Wireless PCIE adaptor
OS = Windows 8.1 64 bit
Monitor = Asus VE248H 24 inch widescreen full HD 2ms LED monitor
And here are my questions:
- The case used by Hardwired is potimised for silence and in doing so their is limited space for air to enter the case, for this reason i am worried that the airflow will not be adequate. IS this correct? Would it be fine with the Performance Fans rather than the stock fans? and What about the CPU cooler? How does that hold up?
- should i, or do i need to, spend a bit more on the motherboard? or is the current one adequate?
- What about the monitor? I dont want to spend to much on a monitor and 1080p is fine. Any alternatives you might suggest?
- The HDD I've chosen - is it adequate for gaming or is it more of a budget orientated hard drive that will cause load times to be painfully long
Again, any help is appreciated, and any other suggestions for parts or builds are welcome as well?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give