Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where to sell a used laptop in the USA

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zibodiz

zibodiz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:50 AM

If this is the wrong part of the forums, I apologize in avance, but I didn't really see another place to put this question.

I have a couple old laptops (one working, one not) that I want to get rid of, but don't want to deal with ebay, and I've seen ads for websites like cashforlaptops.com and ecyclebest.com, but upon doing some research, they seem pretty sketchy (send them a laptop, then find out they only paid you 10% of their original quote with no way for you to back out, etc).

There are companies in other parts of the world that have good reputations, however I haven't been able to find any that didn't appear shady that service the USA.

Does anyone have practical experience with any recyclers that buy used laptops in the USA?  Any advice?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

http://www.craigslist.com

Local Pawn Shop or Computer Repair Shop

?