I may have a similar problem to the person who posted http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545472/fake-google-chrome-browserexe-processes/
This seems to be a very new thing, because a Google search for it brings up mostly posts from this month, the only practical information about it is on this site, and standard anti-virus software seems to miss it entirely.
This all started when I was browsing some sites about health food or exercise. Suddenly, I was getting messages from Windows asking my permission to run regsrvr to register some dll, and I kept saying no, but it would come back up. In the details, it said it was coming from some executable named by a really long random-looking string beginning with an X.
There were a bunch of copies of that process in my task manager, taking up a lot of memory and CPU, and every time I tried to force-quit them, more appeared. They show up in the task manager as Chrome, but the name of the process was this long string beginning with an X. It was an exe file under a strange folder within appdata/locallow/Adobe.
I ran a quick scan with Windows Security Essentials, and also ran a custom scan of locallow, but it didn't find anything it thought was suspicious.
I wanted to get back up and able to do stuff, so I rebooted in safe mode, reset my machine back a few days with system recovery, and deleted that entire folder inside appdata/locallow/adobe that contained the odd file and other stuff that apparently had just installed itself there today while I was browsing the health-related sites.
There was another symptom where for awhile, it would not let me see processes from all users in the task manager, and I couldn't open the control panel, search anything from the start menu, or run anything as administrator. However, that problem mysteriously vanished and I am able to do all those things again.
So, now I'm concerned that there may still be some malware on my computer. There are still some folders under locallow with random string names and last-modified dates of this afternoon, when all this happened, such as AppData\LocalLow\Temp\rxwpsavngl. Perhaps I should remove that, but I'm being a little conservative as I want to know what's actually going on.
I know that for the other person, one of you said that his logs indicated that he had a rootkit. I'm curious what in the log would indicate that. I'm attaching logs I created using the Farbar recovery scan tool. I sanitized some names though, so if you see [MyLastName] or [NameRemoved] it's because I replaced that in the logs.
Please let me know if anything in these logs would indicate that I have a very serious problem, and what else I should be doing to make sure my machine is completely rid of this malware.
Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this, because I'm sure this new problem is bound to affect many more people, and perhaps you're just seeing some of the first few cases of it.