Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen shows no image after plugging everything back

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Laiesken

Laiesken

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

Some 5 days ago I had to move my desktop PC and all its external hardware (screen, keyboard, mouse, headphones) to another room, for which I unplugged everything. After 5 days unplugged I moved everything back to its place, plugging all back in its plugs. When I turned the computer on everything went fine, except the screen, plugged to the electric network and to the GPU with a DVI connection. The screen is powered, but after a first green light in its power indicator as it starts getting power, shows, it turns to an orange power indicator and the screen displays a 'No signal detected' message. It's weird, because five days before it just worked fine, without a single problem.

The model of my screen is a BenQ XL2410t. My GPU is an NVidia GTX570.

I've tried to change plugs, which means plugging the screen end of the DVI in the GPU, and the GPU end in the screen, to the same result.

I still haven't checked thoroughly whether the GPU has moved of its place though. I don't think it has: a side of my computer it's transparent, and everything seems to be in its place.

Well, so that's everything I can tell you. If you need other info just ask. I hope you guys can help me out, since it would be a pain to carry it in public transport! Have a great Thursday, and thanks in advance ;)!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

Just a thought. I don't know your motherboard but if it has integrated graphics make sure it did not somehow get enabled in BIOS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users